Friday, December 13, 2013

Introduction

My name is Adrian (29), my wife is Amy (29), our son is Caleb (2), and Amy is pregnant with an unknown arriving August/September. I am an Assistant Manager in one of the fastest growing Retail Butcheries in New Zealand, and Amy was an award winning Dog Groomer, now she's a wonderful full-time Mum. Caleb is an endless source of energy and entertainment

The Plan We live in Dunedin (population 120,000) and are moving to Oamaru (population 14,000). This is where both my parents live and my Mother-in-law and sister-in-law live. We are going from a dense urban city-environment to a small, coastal tourist town (or, rather, approximately 15km south of the town).

Before we can move we need to find a date for when I start my new job in Oamaru as Manager of another Retail Butchery, put an offer onto the land we want (Closes Christmas Eve), sell our house and then move north about 120km. We will live like Gypsies or modern Hippies - initially live with my parents in Maheno, a large rural region with a population of 3,600, until we have paid of our credit cards. Once we are free of debt, we will move into several large tents on the property - each tent serving as a different "room" of our home. Here, we will live power, phone, water and sewerage free as we build up our resource collection and processing abilities and then make our land functional. At some point, we will start building a house.